HINTS collects nationally representative data about the American public’s use of cancer-related information.
According to their facts sheet their purpose is to monitor changes in the evolving field of health commuications. The data is thought to help understand the obtained health information and to create effective health communication stategies across the population.
Their surveys are administered in both english and spanish in ervery iteration.
- Provides updates on changing patterns, needs, and information opportunities in health
- Identifies changing communications trends and practices
- Assesses cancer information access and usage
- Provides information about how cancer risks are perceived
- Offers a testbed to researchers to test new theories in health communication
To find out more you may visit the HINTS page